Subtle Spice Harissa Tahini Dip
Ready to take your tahini game to new heights? Mighty Sesame Co. invites you to see how Harissa Tahini can elevate your culinary repertory with this easy recipe.
Subtle Spice Harissa Tahini Dip*
3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for garnish
¼ Yellow Onion, minced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
3/4 C. Mighty Sesame Harissa Tahini
2t. Lemon Zest + 2T of Lemon Juice
¼ t. Salt
¼ Black Fresh Ground Pepper + for garnish
¼ T. Flaky Sea Salt as Garnish
1. In saute pan heat oil. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Adding garlic for the final 1-2 minutes.
2. In a small food processor add harissa Tahini, lemon zest, and juice. Mix until smooth. Add onion and garlic mixture including oil until well mixed.
3. At this point add in some hot water to get desired thickness or thinness.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. For garnish drizzle oil and flaky sea salt right before you serve.
6. Serve with warm pita or a variety of vegetable Carrot sticks, celery sticks, Red/Yellow Peppers, Broccoli spears, Asparagus spears, etc.
*Recipe by Chef Gregg, renowned foodservice industry expert and self-described “tahini obsessed.” He’s joined forces with Mighty Sesame to develop and present a host of innovative, tahini-based recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Mighty Sesame Harissa Tahini is available on Amazon.com: